Mission and Goals
The Coalition is a group of committed clinicians, NYC-based refugee resettlement agencies, and state agencies, who have a collective goal to provide quality health care to refugees, asylees and trafficked persons. The coalition serves as a platform for communication between its respective organizations. It allows us to exchange ideas, refer patients based upon their required level of care, and advocate for the rights these communities deserve.
We believe all refugees and asylees should have access to safe, quality, dignified healthcare.
To create a platform of communication between clinicians, social workers, case managers, scientists and researchers working at academic institutions, community health centers, refugee resettlement organizations and state agencies, so as to pool our collective resources and maximize care for refugees, asylees and trafficked persons.
1. To streamline communication between refugee and asylum care providers to maximize care to our patients.
2. To educate the broader New York community regarding socio-political context affecting our patients.
3. To disseminate information regarding emerging tropical diseases and non-communicable diseases through a series of academic discussions and grand rounds.
4. To create opportunities for medical students and residents to train in refugee health.
5. To establish a referral system between health providing centers to ensure maximum efficiency and care.
6. To build capacity, strengthen our network, and pool resources.